The company’s professionals perform a full range of preparatory and basic installation work in Santa Barbara, CA and surround areas. Experts have sufficient experience and qualifications in replacing gas furnaces, placing new heating equipment.
What to Know Before Installing in a New Furnace
Each particular object has its own specifics, therefore, to create an effective heating system, it is necessary to take into account the slightest nuances when installing.
- Identify the amount paid for gas/oil you already used. To find out your annual expenses on gas/oil just multiply the amount of gas/oil bill by 12. However, to get more exact calculations on your spending (considering the use of electric furnace and other home appliances that consume electricity), call your utility company and ask for their evaluation of your furnace.
- As a rule, they can provide you with accurate estimations of what portion of your electricity bill accounts for the furnace comparing to other home appliances.
- Analyze the cost of the furnace adding its installation cost.
- Deduct any incentives provided by the government. It may consist of incentives or rebates from the utility company and/or the furnace manufacturer, and only then you will get the ultimate cost of your furnace.
- Look at your new furnace and find the yellow tag on it. The tag provide the information on how much energy will be used over the year, calculated for the use in an average home.
- The number on the yellow tag multiply by the cost of energy for your area. Usually, this information can be found on utility bill.
- Once you received, the amount for the use of your new furnace for a year deduct the cost of the operating of your old furnace. This cost you calculated earlier.
- To identify how fast your new furnace will pay off in energy savings, divide the final cost of new furnace by the energy cost savings.
- If your new furnace will completely pay off in more than 10 years, you may want to consider cheaper options, less-efficient substitute. But keep in mind that cheaper options can provide the efficiency just right for your home. At the same time, it is possible to improve the old system’s efficiency by some repairs such as eliminating leaky ductwork and getting more insulation.
What Type of Furnace Should You Install?
The main advantages of electric furnaces are:
- fair price
- low installation costs
- electrical safety
- simplicity and ease of maintenance and operation does not require a separate room (boiler room) or the construction of the chimney, silent operation, environmentally friendly.
The elements of the furnace are the heat exchanger where the electros are installed, the control and regulation unit for the pump and the expansion tank.
When choosing an electrical unit, for either a private house or an apartment, you need to look in advance for the information on the equipment you are interested in, read reviews about the product. However, the best solution would be to ask for help from A+ Refrigeration Heating & Air Conditioning consultants.
Relying on many years of experience, the specialists will accurately select the optimal electric furnace for you, taking into account various specific nuances, since during the installation many unforeseen situations may occur that the client did not think about.
It is important to understand that almost all electric units are wall-mounted, so think ahead where to place your equipment.
Gas furnaces are one of the key elements in the hot water supply and heating system. They are divided into several types and forms of installation: floor and wall gas furnaces, classified into the categories: chimney, turbo, condensation and parapet.
Floor gas furnaces of a greater power, in contrast to the mounted gas boilers, and are used as boiler houses in multi-storey buildings and large industrial premises.
Wall mounted gas boilers are great for homes up to 1000 sq.m. Such heating boilers have smaller dimensions and weight than floor boilers, and their power does not exceed 100 kW.
If gas pipes are connected to your country house, you can easily solve the problem of house and water heating. The main thing is to choose the right gas boiler, which takes a central place in the heating system. Although almost all modern gas boilers are easy to operate, reliable and safe, there are a number of details that must be considered. More than half of the heating boilers that are sold worldwide are gas boilers. The choice on the market is huge, and before turning to the specific model of a gas boiler, it is necessary to narrow the searches.
First of all, decide whether the gas boiler for the house will be: single-circuit (only for heating) or double-circuit (for house and water heating); floor or wall mounted; volatile (with the use of electricity) or autonomous; with or without chimney.
A+ Refrigeration company’s professionals can help you with the choice of the furnace. They will also provide all technical and service maintenance information of the heating equipment.
The advantages of working with A+ Refrigeration Heating & Air Conditioning:
- replacement of gas boilers, installation of new units performed promptly in accordance with the applicable requirements and rules;
- each customer receives an individual approach and flexible pricing system. We complete the heating circuit with radiators, water heating tanks, fittings, pipes, pumps, etc .;
- signing the contract for maintenance of gas furnaces Goodman, Lennox, Carrier, Bryant and other manufacturers. You get confidence in the long and uninterrupted use of the system;
- We are responsible for the work performed and the quality of our components.